Thursday, January 23, 2014

No Rest for the Quilty

On the eve of a busy weekend I am getting super excited about the happenings down here in Florida. On Saturday not only do I get to work at an adorable quilt shop, I get to hear Janneken Smucker speak!  I met Janneken back in September at the AQSG Seminar. She is a sweet soul with tons of knowledge. She has recently published Amish Quilts: Crafting an American Icon, a brilliant book about the " phenomenon of Amish Quilts."

Janneken is an Assistant Professor of History at West Chester University and is a trained cultural historian and a curator. I highly suggest checking out her website here.



For weeks now the shop I work at, Say It With Stitches , we have been preparing for the biggest event  of all! Ricky Tims !!!



We are so excited to be hosting Ricky this Monday the 27th! It's been a lot of work, but I know it will all be worth every moment of stress and work. 
Ricky will be doing four lectures throughout the day. Later that evening we are having a Champagne Reception with Ricky. This is going to be a blast!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment